=DG's Welcome...

Welcome to =DG's blog. Take a look around and check out the blogs. Participate in the polls and check out the pics and vids!
Remember Jesus Loves You...and so do i!
=DG

Who =DG is...

My photo
Maryland, United States
A Christian...A Believer in Jesus Christ...A Music Lover...A Lover in General...A Son...A Brother...A Musician...A Singer...A Producer...An Artist...A World Class Driver...A Director...A Stageplay Actor...A Teacher...A Leader...A Genuine Friend...A Supporter...A Promoter...A Boyfriend...A Big Brother...A Lover of Christian Music...A Supporter of the Arts...A Life Poured Out and Submitted Unto Christ! An Original...=DG

What =DG Reads...

Compassion

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daily Purity~'Not my strength' Psalms 71:16

Psalms 71:16 "...I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of the righteousness, even of thine only."

Taking a small break from the Holiness Living Series, I wanted to share something with you, that I recieved from God's word while studying.
I was getting my car worked on this morning, and I pulled out my bible while in the waiting area, and I continued my daily devotionals of the book of Psalms. I am currently on chapter 71. God showed me this verse today and it blew my mind. A simple verse really, but it opened up my heart to recieve this pure instruction from God to 'Go, with the strength of God...'
To all leaders, visionaries and go-getters. To all my musicians, singers, ministers of music. To every pastor, bishop and apostle. Be careful not to try to go out and win souls on your own strength. Because your own strength is not strong enough to carry you to where God needs you to be.
Remember this, that a Christians greatest asset is their weakness. A leaders greatest strength is their inability not their ability. Many think this to be a contridiction, but I beg to differ. For in our weakest point God says that His strength would be made strong. The word says in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Look closely at what this scripture is saying. God is speaking here and He is saying 'My Grace is sufficient for thee:..." meaning God's grace is all you need. Then God goes on to say that His strength is made perfect in our weakness. So with that being said, there is simply one question to ask. 'Whose strength/ability do you rely on?'
As great as a singer you are, to reach the lost your strength/ability is not enough. It takes the strength of God. As awesome a worship leader you are, you will never teach exactly what needs to be taught unless you are bound by the power of God, and not relying on your own ability to do. As strong a pastor or teacher you are, your strength is nothing compared to the Strength of God.
So I admonish you ministers of the gospel, singers, leaders, administrators and the like, "Go..." in the strength of the Lord, and rely not upon your own ability. For it is in our weakness that God's strength is made perfect. Then we can declare as Paul did, "...Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
If we recognize our limitations, we will not congratulate ourselves. Instead we will turn to God to seek pathways for effectiveness.
1 Corinthians 2:5 says "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the Power of God." I have learned not to put my trust in the wisdom of men, neither in their ability to do. They do well, but my heart is fixed to trust in the power of God. Whenever I go to minister, I boast in my inability and my weaknessess and that is where I get my strength my power to reach souls. As a Christian artist that should be our greatest gain, to see a soul saved, to see the children of God, come back home. To do that, we need more power then just what we have. We must rely on the power of God.
So, to all those who minister the word of God through song, over the pulpit or wherever, remember to go with the Strength of God, and not boasting or believing in your own ability, because compared to God...we are dust.

Closing Prayer
Father, we pray for forgiveness from all unrighteousness. Forgive us of anything that is not of you, Take away all sin and have us to decrease that you may increase in us. Father help us to go to wherever you have us to go, not relying on our own ability, rather relying on your strength. We know that our own strength is not able to take us to where we need to be, nor is it able to build us up to who we were created to be. Our own ability is not good enough to reach those who need to be reached. To take hold of the promise that seems unreachable, I need your strength to be able to get there. God allow us to look toward you, and cast our faith upon you. For you are great and mighty and your strength is unsearchable.
Thank You Lord, for we once were lost, but you found us. We were blind but you gave us sight, and we walked in death, but now in newness of life...and we thank You.
In Jesus' name, Amen!

Back to the Holiness Living Series Soon!

Check back and make sure to subscribe/follow!
Hey follow
twitter.com/DGray03
twitter.com/setapart4lyfe
twitter.com/rockmitchell
twitter.com/bc1way
twitter.com/jamesmurphy
twitter.com/Ndeliblemusic
twitter.com/famousamosmusic
twitter.com/gospelfab

Check out these artists, making a sizable difference with their music! Lets 'Go' guys...unashamed and with the strength of the Lord!

=DG

No comments:

Post a Comment