=DG's Welcome...

Welcome to =DG's blog. Take a look around and check out the blogs. Participate in the polls and check out the pics and vids!
Remember Jesus Loves You...and so do i!
=DG

Who =DG is...

My photo
Maryland, United States
A Christian...A Believer in Jesus Christ...A Music Lover...A Lover in General...A Son...A Brother...A Musician...A Singer...A Producer...An Artist...A World Class Driver...A Director...A Stageplay Actor...A Teacher...A Leader...A Genuine Friend...A Supporter...A Promoter...A Boyfriend...A Big Brother...A Lover of Christian Music...A Supporter of the Arts...A Life Poured Out and Submitted Unto Christ! An Original...=DG

What =DG Reads...

Compassion

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Sweet Sound...

As many of you know, I am a music lover...a enthusiast even! I love Good Muisc, and love to share it!
I recently drove down to Myrtle Beach for vacation and forgot to update my music collection. Needless to say I put my old faithful's in the system and was good. But during long drives I don't like singing, rather I like listening and taking the music in.
While in SC, I picked up a couple of albums and was throughly impressed spirtually and musically with all the albums.
Needless to say, on the way back I was in great condition and made it home safely. Check out these must have albums...

Brandon Heath 'What if We'

Well let me first start off by saying that I am glad that there are people out there who are not afraid to try different things in music. Brandon is one of those people. Judging from this album you would be a fool not to believe that Brandon is simply a lover of good music. This album has something for everybody, from the pop/soul vibes of Give Me Your Eyes, to the song of hope He's not Finish With Me Yet, to the Beautiful ballad Love Never Fails to the Love song London, this album is spectaular. This Dove Award Winner has an album that the world needs to hear. Go pick this up its a very encouraging album that focuses on the hope in God.


Hillsong United 'Across the Earth'

Well, all who knows =DG, knows that I am a die-hard Hillsong Supporter. I am truly a fanatic. Their passion for Christ, their heart for winning souls and their awesome worship music. Their style of writing is that in which i try to model after. Songs that reach the heart of God. Throughout the years, these great musicians have given us some of the greatest music the world has ever heard. Such songs as Inside Out, Found and At the Cross. This album, Tear Down the Walls, is no different. From songs as Desert Song to the decleration title track Tear Down the Walls, this Hillsong United album is an album for worshippers to pick up and place in their collection.


Starfield 'I Will Go'


Well, I have found a new group that I love. I first heard this band on WRBS Shine FM (95.1). They sang a song off of their latest album, I Will Go, named Hosanna. You all know that song, it was penned by the Brooke Fraser (Shadowfeet) and ministered on the Hillsong United album with Brooke on the vocals. One of those many songs that Hillsong has graciously given the world. Once I heard this band doing it, I fell in love with their sound. A fresh sounding band that mixes between Hillsong, David Crowder Band and Mercy Me. Their hit song is a song named Reign In Us. The out front lyrics hit you and captivate the believer to gaining a new sense of the presence of God. This group, whose first and second album were also great (1st Album 'Self-Titled'/ 2nd Album 'Broken in the Beauty') has so much to offer Christian Music lovers. If you see this in your nearest book store, don't pass it up! Please dont miss a chance to listen to greatness.


Heather Headley 'Audiance of One'


Heather Headley has one of the most beautiful voices of all time. With a sultry and confident voice, Heather expresses her faith in God and her belief in a Love that is beyond this world. From songs such as Ordinary Me and Power of the Cross to the dramatic and beautiful instrumentation displayed on the I Need Thee Melody, to the excellently rendered cover songs Simply Redeemed, Jesus Is Love and Here I am to Worship, Heather shows that she is not only a great vocalist, but a worshipper. Definately an album to pick up. Dont pick up this album if you looking to dance and go crazy. Definately an album for smooth rides on I-95 and to chill out with. Great album nonetheless, and you should pick it up.



Jeremy Camp 'Unplugged, Live in Franklin, TN'

One of the best male vocalists of all times, Jeremy Camp has been around for a while. This album is a collection of some of his best work, done in an acoustic setting. In front of a live audience, Jeremy poured out his spirit in this collection of music. Such great songs like Right Here, Empty Me and my personal favorite Walk By Faith can be found on this album, which includes an DVD of the actual concert. Just a plug for Jeremy, Jeremy Camp is currently on tour along with Natalie Grant and Bebo Norman. They will be in Baltimore at the Lyric Opera House in October. Check out this http://www.theconcertspot.com/ for more info about the tour and how you can get your tickets.

Michael W. Smith 'A New Hallelujah'

Every song on this album is phenomenal! Im not just saying this because I absolutely love M.W. (By the way thats what I call him, I call him M.W) As always, M.W makes great worship music, music that changes atmostphers and allows the process of 'faith to rise' This new album A New Hallelujah is a great compilation of praise and worship songs that speak to a nation about a God who is so great and above all. My personal favorite off of the album, Deep in love with you and Grace! Awesome songs. He also does a rendition of a couple Hillsong numbers such as Mighty to Save and Shout unto God. Along with the fun number The River is Rising and the praise and worship title track A New Hallelujah! This album is for everyone, and you must get it, like now!

Natalie Grant 'Relentless'

What can I say? If you don't know about Natalie Grant, you are missing out on probably one of the best vocalists of our time. She proved her greatness to me (and who am I) on her previous album Awaken, but she totally blew me away with this spectacular album; Relentless. This album is filled with awesome music that encourage the christian not to let go, not to step down, not to relent. We are told not to lose hope in Our Hope Endures and we blessed and encouraged with her single Perfect People. Her rendition of In Christ Alone is probably the best I've heard. My Favorite on the album is a beautiful balad, Make a Way(Brittney's Song). This is one of my favorite albums right now, because it has so much to offer. This is a must have for anybody who loves good Christian music and who doesn't want to compromise great sound. Relenless is the way to go.

And Last But Certainly not Least, My Pick of the Post...

Merdith Andrews 'The Invitation'

=DG's Pick=

Just one listen to this amazing voice, and you will fall in love with this beautiful woman of God. Such an honest and pure sound that is unmistakably amazing. Meredith Andrews blew me away with just one chorus "You're Not Alone"! Those words alone will captivate you, and partnered with a Husband/Producer/Musician/MD Jacob, Meredith Andrews has a while before her voice will be silenced. Meredith (as I call her, MA) is my favorite female vocalist right now. She displays her fearless vocals on this album, The Invitation. She invites her listeners to a relationship with Christ, and refers each one to a savior that is second to none. As mentioned before I love music. My favorite type of music is Acoustic, so to hear this album just made me almost fall out! The musicianship is great, pure and clear. Each song presents a story, paired with the wonderful voice of Meredith, and you have an Dove nominated Inspirational Album of the Year. Her hit single You're Not Alone is not all she brings to the table, but also The New Song We Sing and my favorite off of the album Draw Me Nearer. That song catipults me in to worship everytime. Such an awesome song! I pray for the opportunity to work with such a jewel in the body of Christ. Hey pick up this album, take it from me It will bless you!


Hey, want me to review an album, let me know. I will listen and put my views up here on the blog. I love listening to new music, and I want to share it with you. Email me your requests at DGray03@gmail.com or hit me up on twitter.com/DGray03 or send me an S.O.S. signal. For any more information on any of these artist, let me know i will help you out!

'A Sweet sound in the ears of God...' listen for yourself, and dont take my word for it!

Hey remember to follow Set Apart on twitter twitter.com/setapart4lyfe

and follow me as well twitter.com/DGray03

Remember, Jesus Loves You...

=DG

No comments:

Post a Comment